Saturday, September 24, 2011

saturday. honesty.

here's what happened today. honest and observant 7-year old, taylor came into the bathroom and commented, "gosh, mommy, i hope all your stretch marks go away after the baby gets here."

a few things happened at this moment.
  1. i almost cried.
  2. on the outside, i said, "yeah, me too. but you know, no one's perfect, and if they don't go away, it's just how it is. plus, we get your baby brother out of the deal.
  3. on the inside, i thought ... along with several other things, "wow, really? can i just crawl in a hole now? as if i wasn't already self-conscious enough at this point."
and then, taylor did something that made my day. she responded to "no one's perfect" with, "but, you're perfect for me!"

proving once again that the only person that cares about my physical faults is my own worst enemy, me.

i have the best kid ever. end of story.

No comments:

Post a Comment