Friday, October 1, 2010

friday. stockings.

after a nasty bout with strep throat this week, and upon being plagued with boredom by yesterday afternoon, i rearranged the much-needed living room! complete with carting the lovely electric fireplace up from our room to position as a main centerpiece in the room (thank you mom and shay!). LOVE it! even the husband noticed and agreed that it looks SO much better.

something about the fireplace tells me it's ok for fall to arrive. and with that, i'm starting my christmas projects early this year. yes, i said the dirty word. i'm not going crazy, i just want new stockings for all of us this year!

so, everyone keep an eye out in the thrift stores for me, i need fabric! i'll be doing a tutorial once i get things going a bit. but, until then, here are my inspirational photos.

men's old suits, tweed, wool...


wool sweaters, scarves, shawls ...

yay for fall ... er, christmas preparation?!

1 comment:

  1. Those are so stinkin' cute! I wish I was crafty like you!!

    ReplyDelete