Tuesday, February 23, 2010

caution before reading. pity party alert.

pity party for me today. don't read if you don't want to hear me whine ... kind of a lot.

for all you mamas out there that get to stay home with your kiddos, i'm extremely envious of you. enjoy it and don't take it for granted.


not all of us are so lucky. not everyone has the option or the choice ... and it sucks.

i miss my kids. a lot.

i hate that i have to wait until after work to spend time with them.

i severely dislike the fact that 'cranky time' also happens to be the exact moment when everyone walks in the front door, is hungry, tired, tired, and hungry.

i do not like that i am stuck in my job when i should be home with them.

it saddens me greatly that by the time everyone gets home, the excitement of the day is over.

I want to be the one spending the days with them. EVERY day.

end of rant ... at least out loud, for now.

don't get me wrong, i spend a LOT of time with my kids. when i walk in that door, it is officially family time. i, however, don't like the fact that my family time is about 1/16th of what i would like it to be.

5 comments:

  1. my heart breaks for you and the whining is OKAY....it's what we get to do !

    can you believe the moms who say, "oh i'd rather work than stay at home with my kids".....they just don't get it, do they ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my other issue with the whole thing (other than the part about missing my family and REALLY not wanting to work) is that there's judgment placed on those moms who don't stay home 100% of the time—either by choice, or because they are forced to make that choice. That they somehow, aren't as loving, caring, attentive, affectionate, interactive, etc. as those who stay at home all day.

    Not trying to generalize here, by any means, but I think you're absolutely right ... there are several who, "just don't get it."

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh jen, this made me sad! i "get" to work form home... and most days i am pulled in so many directions that i feel like the time i do spend with the kids,although it is quanity, is not quality. your a very good mother. it doesn't matter what choice you make there will ALWAYS be people out there who have some negative opinion about it, but guess what? they don't matter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks, julie. you're absolutely right. they don't matter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Feel free to whine all you want Jen! You are such a WONDERFUL mommy and I know how much you want to be home with your kiddos... they are so lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete